The City Government is known as a 'Council-Manager' form of government.
- The Council is the community’s legislative body and is composed of the Mayor, five elected Council Members and City Manager.
- Each Council Member is elected for a term of two years.
- The Mayor is also elected for a two-year term.
- The Mayor shall preside at meetings of the City Council.
- The Mayor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as are or may be conferred and imposed upon him by the City Charter and the City Ordinances.
- The Mayor shall be recognized as the head of the City Government for all ceremonial purposes, by the court for civil process and by the government for purposes of military law.
- The City Manager attends all council meetings and offers advice on matters before the Council but has no vote on actions taken. With the exception of matters reserved to the Council by law or the City Charter, the general authority for personnel management rests with the City Manger, who may delegate authority as necessary and proper.
- The Council has a vote in decisions related to City affairs. The Council shall enact ordinances, adopt budgets, determine policies, appoint the City Manager, and execute other powers and duties as prescribed by the City Charter.
- All department administrators report directly to the City Manger and will be appointed or removed by the City Manager and Council.
News & Events
Connect & Share